Omise, a Thailand based PCI compliment payment gateway, processes all of our credit card payments. Omise routes payments thru a Thailand bank for processing. All our payments require 3D Secure, so you may need to enroll. As card processing is handled by a 3rd party, we have no control over card acceptance.
Known Problems with Credit and Debit Card processing
If your payment has failed, check the following:
- Card may accept a payment after the 4th or 5th try.
- 3DS is set to “fail” by the cards issuing bank. This means the bank has chosen not to support 3D Secure for your card.
- The owners card is not set up for online usage. You may have to manually enable. Can you use your Thai bank card?
- The card is required to use 3DS, but not yet enrolled.
- You card is failing the merchant bank’s fraud check due to location, IP, or other factors.
My Card Worked on Previous Topups but Isn’t Working Anymore
If you have a card that has worked in the past, but is not being accepted now, it is likely the acquiring bank is using some kind of fraud technique to block the payment based on a risk score.
Here are some things to try:
- Try another card
- Use the payment link, to open a separate page directly with Omise and try with their form
- Send the payment link to a friend and ask them to try
- Change your browser, ISP, device and or location
- Do not remove the card, as adding the card
In some cases of payment failure, you will be shown a payment link option. This links gives you the ability to open a new page directly on the credit card processor site. The link makes use of their form and their acceptance procedure.
As this link contains your order info, you can try the link in different locations, on different devices or on different ISPs.
You can also copy this link and send it to another person to try with their card details and then pay them back.
After payment success, we can then mark your order as paid and fulfill it.
Error Type: failed fraud check
Omise uses advanced fraud detection systems to determine if payments are legitimate or not. If you receive this “failed_fraud_check” error Omise has flagged your order as risky, and will not process it. These factors could include known fraud on your network or IP range or being in a high risk location.
If you are a legitimate user facing this error message, you may want to try a new computer, network, Credit or Debit card.
If you’ve been charged but the top up has failed.
Help! None of My Cards are Working
Congratulations! You have now discovered why there are so many new fin-tech companies working on solutions to replace Credit Card payments. Credit card payments have huge problems when it comes to acceptance, fees and fraud. The reason your card is not working is directly or indirectly related to fraud and the systems put in place to help card issuers protect themselves.
Time for something new
We support alternate payment methods, for their lower cost, reliability and safety. If your card is not working we strongly recommend you improve your financial resources by starting with cryptocurrency.