A SIM card needs 2 things to work, validity and balance. Each time you add top up credit, you will also get additional validity days. The current rules state that you get 30 days of validity after each refill of any amount.
Check your Validity
To check your date of SIM expiry you can use these USSD codes:
- AIS – *121#
- DTAC – *101*9#
- True – #123#
Buy More Validity
You can now buy 90, 180 and 360 day validity packages online and extend the lifespan of your prepaid Thai SIM. This service will ask for the Thai number which you wish to add validity for, and then sends topups to add the required amount of days.
- 90 Days and 30 Baht – Price: 49 Baht
- 180 Days and 60 Baht – Price: 99 Baht
- 360 Days and 120 Baht – Price: 169 Baht
Keep in mind your maximum validity can only be 1 year. Check your current expiry date so you know how many days to add. Note: dates are in the DD/MM/YYYY format.
USSD method to Extend your SIM’s validity
There are also methods for extending your balance by entering a code and deducting from your balance. To extend your validity via USSD codes:
- Add 10 Baht credit for 30 Days Validity
- Alternative method: Dial *500*9# Add 30 days validity for 30 THB via Mao Mao package
- DTAC – Extend your validity for up to 365 days at a cost of 2 Baht per month.
- Press : *113*30*9# for 30 days extension. Cost 2 Baht
- Press : *113*60*9# for 60 days extension. Cost 4 Baht
- Press : *113*90*9# for 90 days extension. Cost 6 Baht
- Press : *113*180*9# for 180 days extension. Cost 12 Baht
- Conditions: Must activate SIM for at least 90 days or have usage of 200 THB.
- TrueMove H – “Quick Add” Extend your validity for up to 365 days at a cost of 2 Baht per month
- Press : * 934 * 30 # for 30 days extension. Cost 2 Baht
- Press : * 934 * 90 # for 90 days extension. Cost 6 Baht
- Press : * 934 * 180 # for 180 days extension. Cost 12 Baht
You can use your mobile carriers smartphone app to check your balance and validity.